The Alabama Renaissance Faire was founded on education and to that end, our volunteers go to schools, libraries, community organisations, etc… offering interactive demonstrations that teach about medieval and renaissance life. The specifics of what we can offer largely depends on who is able to attend. Since our staff are all volunteers, they have to work these events around their real-life schedules. The sooner you can reach out to us, the better (to help ensure maximum participation).
Listed below will be a “best case” scenario, so you can see everything that is offered. We will be in period costumes…
- Lots of facts concerning all aspects of the medieval/renaissance – from daily life, fashion, to weapons, combat, & tactics
- Various display items for show & tell – armor, weapons (swords, and the like if your school/organization will allow)
- musical instruments
- books about the medieval and renaissance periods (many with pictures)
- Music – We have period music on a laptop so you can hear the difference between then and now Dancing – we can teach some simple dances from the period if there is enough room
- Live sword play – (again, if there is enough room, and your school/organization will allow)
- Improvisation Theatre – The re-telling of the “Complete Story of Robin Hood… “Abridged”, complete with audience participation. We are extremely flexible, and can tailor our demonstrations to your exact needs. Whether it’s a small group for 45 minutes, or a large group(s) multiple hours, you tell us what you require and we’ll do our best to make it happen. We can tailor our presentation for grades K-4, 5-8, 9-12, or adult. Our goal is to educate through fun. As we are a not-for-profit, the cost is simply travel expenses. This would be gas, food, and the standard rate of 54 cents per mile. For longer distances (in excess of 60 miles), a rental car may be required. Contact us through our director at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us through our Facebook page.