Every year we host a poster/tshirt contest. This page will be updated annually with any new rules and requirements. Check back often.
Design the Official Poster/Tshirt of the Alabama Renaissance Faire 2017
PREPARATION OF ENTRIES
- The design must reflect the Medieval/Renaissance era.
- The entry must be in a vertical format 18” x 24.”
- The following information must be included in the poster design:
- The Faire’s name: Alabama Renaissance Faire – Year 31
- Date of the Faire: October 28-29, 2017
- The place: Florence, Alabama
- The web address: alrenfaire.org
- The artist must submit a full-size (18” x 24”) color comprehensive layout on rigid board. Artists who design their entries on computer may submit a reduced version of their artwork while maintaining the 18” x 24” proportions. The winner will be required to prepare final artwork. The winning design will be printed on posters and concession items such as t-shirts.
- All designs may be produced in any medium suitable for reproduction.
- A prize of $500 will be paid to the winner on receipt of camera-ready artwork or disk containing computer design to be submitted no later than July 21, 2016.
- A panel of judges will make the final determination of the winning entry based on artistic merit and suitability as a visual image for the Alabama Renaissance Faire.
- NOTE: A winning artist must wait one year before submitting another entry.
Send entries to:
Alabama Renaissance Faire
102 South Court Street, 2nd Floor
Florence, AL 35630
ENTRY FEE: $10.00 – Make check payable to Alabama Renaissance Faire. If mailed as a classroom project in one package of five or more entries, entry fee is $1.00 per student.
STATEMENT OF RIGHTS
The Alabama Renaissance Faire retains the right to photograph and/or exhibit all entries. The winning artist releases all rights to the Alabama Renaissance Faire.
CARE OF ENTRIES
Every precaution will be taken in handling entries, but the Alabama Renaissance Faire assumes no responsibility for loss or damage. The Alabama Renaissance Faire reserves the right to reproduce any work accepted in the competition for publicity purposes.
DELIVERY AND PICK UP
Hand deliveries will be accepted between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. in the office of the City Historian, 102 South Court Street, 2nd Floor, Florence, Alabama. Non-winners’ works may be picked up on or before November 18, 2017. After this date, all entries not claimed will become property of the Alabama Renaissance Faire.