To add to the Renaissance Month celebration, the Alabama Renaissance Faire is sponsoring an art contest (not a poster contest) for students in grades K-6.
The rules for this competition are as follows:
1. Art in any two-dimensional medium is eligible (pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, watercolor, acrylics, etc.) No sculpture, ceramic piece, model, etc., is permitted.
2. The entry must relate to the Medieval/Renaissance period. Some examples are:
a. Famous people of the period such as Michaelangelo, da Vinci, Shakespeare, Queen Elizabeth I, etc.
b. Knights, dragons, castles, etc.
c. Life of Medieval times (peasants, nobility, royalty, etc.)
3. The size of any entry must not exceed 22″ x 28″.
4. The student’s name, grade and school MUST appear on the BACK of the entry. Also, the name and address of the parent or guardian should be printed on the BACK of the entry.
5. All entries must be delivered to Billy Warren’s office, City-County Government Building, on the second floor of the City-County Government building, 102 South Court Street, Florence, Al. 35630, so that I will receive them no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, October 8th. Each school may submit TEN (10) entries per division (K, 1-3, 4-6), the total not to exceed 30 entries. (The remainder should be put on display in your school.)
Student work will be judged in three separate divisions: Kindergarten, grades 1-3 and grades 4-6. In keeping with the spirit of the competition, each winner (first, second and third place in each division) will receive a handsome book to add to his/her personal library. Several honorable mentions will also be awarded